ERate Fiber Optic Buildout to Chapter Branch Libraries and Head Start Center

In 2019, the nation decided to start applying for E-Rate funding again. Infinity Communications & Consulting Inc was engaged as the Nation’s E-Rate consultant. It was decided to reapply to install fiber services to the nation’s 110 chapter houses and 65 head start facilities. Reaching out to the state E-Rate coordinators in Arizona and new Mexico, we were also able to get them to commit state matching funds to the project. By doing so, the Navajo Nation got 100% of the project paid for without having to use any tribal funding. USAC funded 95% of the cost of fiber construction and the states of Arizona and new Mexico covered the remaining 5%.

Bids were put out to install fiber to all 110 chapter houses, 2 stand alone libraries and 65 head start facilities. Bids were also put out to install 100Mbps Internet connections at each of these sites. We received bids for 88 chapter houses, 2 libraries and 53 head start facilities. Contracts were awarded.

Total Project Fiber Build - $53,120,839.89

  E-Rate portion (95%) -   $50,464,797.90

  State Matching funds (5%) -  $2,656,041.99

600+ miles of fiber

E-Rate funded the project in February, 2021. approximately 35 sites have already been hooked up and the rest could take up to two years to complete the right away/permitting and construction process.

Three contractors – NTUAW, Sacred Wind Communications & Oso internet solutions

E-Rate funded 90% of the cost of the monthly 100Mbps Internet connections. The Nation is responsible to pay the remaining 10%

Bids were put out to install fiber to the sites contractors did not bid in 2020.Bids were also put out to install 100Mbps Internet connections at each of these sites. We received bids for 20 chapter houses and 13 head start facilities. Contracts were awarded.

Total Project Fiber Build - $19,212,073.60

  E-Rate portion (95%) -   $18,251,469.92

  State Matching funds (5%) -  $960,603.68

Another 600+ miles of fiber

E-Rate funded the project in august 2021. It’s estimated it will take about two years to install these sites.

Three contractors – NTUAW, Sacred Wind Communications & cellular one communications

E-Rate funded 90% of the cost of the monthly 100Mbps Internet connections. The Nation is responsible to pay the remaining 10%